« first day (2743 days earlier)      last day (1268 days later) » 
00:00 - 13:0013:00 - 00:00

12:57 AM
[ SmokeDetector | MS ] Offensive answer detected: New cat is hiding and not eating by Kristin on pets.SE
 
@JourneymanGeek Any thoughts on my last ping? Do you remember what the upper bound was on pins from the chicken posts?
 
No idea!
 
I'm guessing it's 10-12. but I'm not sure.
 
user202362
1:12 AM
2018 is the year of global stock and property price correction?
 
Well, 2008 was... so why not 2018... :/
 
user202362
1:33 AM
when feeling wobbly, always start checking fundamentals to make further prediction
 
2:02 AM
wobbly morning
 
Ano
2:47 AM
I mod-flagged one of Apex Capstone's (that downvote ranter's) posts requesting that he be suspended, owing to the more lenient quality filter on MSE.
 
uhh, did he breach any rule?
 
@SensibleAlexander most recent answer was kinda ... koan-like
 
-3
A: Could this new voting system work?

Apex CapstoneOf course it would work. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize the answer is more important than the question. Here is a real question. If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half - how long would it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick all the see...

 
oh, he still continued after the dupe about "penalize unjustified downvote" post? okay...
 
2:57 AM
As a mod, I find that I prefer when people avoid outright saying "can you please suspend this person?" in flags...
@Catija Not much on the reputation leagues works right now... but that does. :P
 
Ano
@Catija It worked once, on a user who kept saying "I'm new here" to justify five posts that showed he had no idea how the SE model worked, and was clearly making no effort to understand.
 
@Ano I'm not saying it won't "work"... I'm just not a fan of it.
 
@JourneymanGeek woah, the whole Q&A gone just before I read it...
 
Ano
@Catija On main Q&A sites the filter kicks in quicker, obviating the need for such a flag in almost all cases. However, on MSE, the filter is much more lenient, owing to the fact that posts can get downvoted for reasons unrelated to their quality.
 
user202362
 
Ano
3:03 AM
That user I mentioned just before had made five posts, all questions, that were very negatively received, and all had scores <= -8. However, he was still not banned; if he was, he wouldn't have been suspended, and my flag may have been declined.
 
@TelautonomousKitty you have a new challenger. work harder, kitty...
 
Ano
Speaking of which, if my proposal of having separate votes for agreement/disagreement and high/low quality were to somehow be implemented (at this point not, because there is no request), the quality filter could be the same as on other sites, without needing this extra leniency.
 
@Ano The point is that you're telling them how to judge a user... telling them how to do their job. There's a huge difference between saying "This user's last few posts show a history of negative interaction with the site" and saying "Please suspend this person".
 
Ano
@Catija Yeah, I get it. But in this case and the more recent one, I use the word "should", as in "this user should be suspended, because..."
 
user202362
@SensibleAlexander I don't need to, that account will be annulated soon ... either that or temporarily suspended for 20 years, maybe not right now, but eventually, unless lose interesting in between changing socks
 
3:09 AM
but... you... have... been... Q...ba<redacted>
 
user202362
have never seen a comment troll?
 
not the first, or even 10th time I've seen it
 
user202362
being a 1337 tr011 is never about quantity, it's all about delivery quality contents to the audience
 
Ano
0
Q: Does the StackExchange serve any useful purpose?

Apex CapstoneIf someone can give me an answer to this question it would be a great help. It is my very last question. If by some miracle the Stack Exchange Meta vanished off the planet. All of the records, all the database, everything GONE. Would there be any negative repercussions. It just seems like there...

 
deleted? self-deleted? mod-deleted?
 
Ano
3:17 AM
@SensibleAlexander Does self-deletion cause all custom flags on the post to be dismissed? If not, it's a mod-deletion.
 
animuson.
 
user202362
stalked by a staff probably
 
probably given mod warning
 
Rob
@Ano Custom flags stick around until a mod handles it
 
Ano
@Rob Ah, thanks.
 
user202362
3:20 AM
wonder it's a new troll or a sock
 
suspended.
 
user202362
I somewhat smell a sock
 
interestingly "for rule violation", not "to cool down"
 
Rob
Cool down to me, implies, that they're angry and abusive
Trolling isn't that
 
3:21 AM
Amusingly, he was rate-limited after the last deletion anyway
But this sends a stronger message
 
Ano
17 mins ago, by Ano
Speaking of which, if my proposal of having separate votes for agreement/disagreement and high/low quality were to somehow be implemented (at this point not, because there is no request), the quality filter could be the same as on other sites, without needing this extra leniency.
@Shog9 ^^ Is that true?
 
only if people used it juuuust right
I mean... There's a lotta posts on meta I'd probably give both types of votes
 
People don't use the system we have now right... I don't see how making it more complicated would do much.
 
Ano
@Shog9 Yeah, my proposal would allow for both types of votes.
@Catija In what way?
 
3:37 AM
@Ano so the folks who get downvoted 'cause they didn't search / didn't read past discussions / didn't suggest work-arounds for the problems that've been called out the last 20 times something was suggested... And suggest a perpetually unpopular idea... They're just gonna get blocked twice as fast.
which was the whole point of making the ban hard to hit on meta to begin with
 
Ano
@Shog9 Agreement/disagreement votes wouldn't affect ranking, reputation, or quality filtering in any way, while the existing votes would be repurposed as the high/low quality votes (their current use on main Q&A sites)
 
wasn't like folks ever hit it in great numbers
@Ano my point is, you want folks to avoid downvoting (or... low-quality voting) stuff they disagree with. But often as not, they're not just downvoting 'cause something is a bad idea - they're downvoting 'cause it's also poorly presented and unresearched.
 
Ano
@Shog9 Yeah, they can vote down both ways.
Well-researched questions that happen to suggest unpopular ideas are downvoted under the current system. Under my system, it would receive a normal upvote for being of high quality and research effort, and a disagreement vote.
 
Rob
@Ano While I see where you're coming from; having an artificial barrier of entry for new ideas or a new way of thinking of things isn't fantastic. However, if someone is continually suggesting ideas which are not received well; and also not contributing positively elsewhere, I don't see why they shouldn't rate limited
It somewhats indicates a complete misunderstanding of the SE network
 
3:42 AM
@Ano point to one
 
Rob
And for trolls, like what happened just now. I don't see why the current flagging system isn't enough?
 
Ano
Then, there would be no need to make the quality filter more lenient - users who make not-so-well-researched feature requests, or bad-quality support, bug, or discussion questions, would be caught and filtered much quicker.
 
That's still predicated on making users actually use the system correctly.
 
Ano
@Rob Because it requires a mod to intervene.
 
@Ano Shog just said that the guy was already rate limited.
 
Ano
3:46 AM
@Catija He promptly continued to make bad posts after his rate limit expired.
 
and?
 
Ano
Which necessitated a suspension, both in this case and the earlier case
 
Rob
@Ano Asking rubbish questions like that isn't really an urgent event that can't wait for 30minutes for a mod to intervene. And if they're stepping into abusive territory; there's a flag for that that can be handled by the community.
 
the suspension wasn't really necessary, apart from wanting to hammer home the point here
 
Ano
@Rob On weekdays. But on weekends, when mods are inactive?
 
3:47 AM
44
A: Get rid of the question ban on Meta; suspend actively harmful users manually

Shog9First off, an explanation of the two status tags: Declined: We won't remove the q-ban entirely. See below. Completed: We already suspend actively harmful users manually, and will continue to do so. In addition, we've modified the score threshold for q-bans (again) based on a fresh analysis of t...

> People will frequently complain that Meta actively discourages the expression of unpopular viewpoints and suggestions. With the threat of question bans in place, I find those complaints difficult to refute. I hate that.
that's why the ban is extra-lax on meta
Not because folks posted awesome stuff and got banned
Because folks posted lousy but benign stuff and got banned
 
Ano
@Shog9 An unpopular but well-written suggestion would be upvoted under my system.
 
People need to be able to make mistakes here.
 
@Ano doubtful
Sufficiently well-written stuff becomes popular, even when folks disagree with it
But writing well is hard. Unbelievably hard.
We can't expect everyone to write well
 
Ano
@Shog9 If we repurpose the existing votes as being for quality only, as they are for main Q&A sites, and introduce a new, separate set of votes for opinion, wouldn't that be the case?
 
@Ano If people don't like a post, they'll push the down arrow every chance they get, regardless of what the "rule" for the button is. They already do this. We can't control how people vote. There may be more people who use the system the way that it's designed... but I doubt it would be anywhere near complete.
 
3:51 AM
I should also add that I think this was downvoted for hilarity and not because the community thinks it is a bad idea. I am all for hilarity but not when it prevents discussion of a semi-important policy change. — Jeff Atwood Mar 18 '10 at 0:54
 
Ano
@Catija That's not what I would do.
 
@Catija inb4 "penalize unjustified downvotes!!!!11!oneone"
 
No one wants to believe their work is poorly-received because it's both a bad idea and badly argued.
 
@Ano It's a fallacy to assume that you are representative of everyone.
 
But... Usually it is. Both.
 
Ano
3:52 AM
@Catija Ah, right, missed that. I said that myself, and I forgot it.
@Catija TBH the only reason I do that now is because I've been trained to do so, not because it's my first inkling.
Also see:

Voting behavior on meta and inclusivity

Jan 18 at 23:44, 56 minutes total – 105 messages, 3 users, 0 stars

Bookmarked Jan 19 at 0:41 by Ano

 
I actually upvoted what (I think) was that user's first MSE question... meta.stackexchange.com/questions/306616/… Because it was a fair question, I thought.
 
== English == === Proper noun === Sturgeon's law The humorous remark, attributed to science-fiction author Theodore Sturgeon, that "ninety percent of everything is crap". ==== Synonyms ==== Sturgeon's revelation ==== Translations... ====
wow, that got mangled. Nice job, onebox
 
@SensibleAlexander ... Of the recent ones... that was two years ago.
 
fair point, because the last post before he went rampage was an accepted answer with score 10(!)
 
3:56 AM
Crazy thing is, for all the talk about negativity and exclusivity, folks are - by and large - willing to give you a break on an awful lot of terrible mistakes and outright laziness in your writing and research.
(ask me how I know...)
 
Ano
@Shog9 How you know?
 
UNTIL, that is, you couple that with an unpopular / overexposed idea.
@Ano you don't write thousands of meta posts and, uh, not cut a lot of corners. Well, maybe you do, but I don't.
Anyway, then the charity goes away; you get knocked for the bad idea, you get knocked for the poor research, and you get knocked for the lazy writing.
To do well on meta, you need to be two of three things, always:

- entertaining
- insightful
- demonstrably right
1 probably doesn't cut it. 0 definitely doesn't cut it. 3 is... just unlikely.
 
1 is sufficient to not get downvotes.
 
sometimes
 
... probably.
 
4:00 AM
117
Q: Eeeeek - what happened to my @ salutation?

Mark HendersonI just posted a comment beginning with @username, and my @username part of the comment disappeared (it was the first word in the comment). Is there a lolcat inside the Stack Exchange database nomming on notifications? May I suggest you feed it? P.S. I'm guessing this is a brand spanking new f...

 
it's a crap-shoot
if you're entertaining, some folks will upvote that & some folks will downvote it for being pointless fun
 
Lots of bug reports just get one or two upvotes.
They're usually just right, not insightful or entertaining.
 
if you're right but boring and tone-deaf, folks will upvote you if you're right about something they need, but downvote you for being boring and insensitive
 
if you're insightful but also apparently wrong and boring, you'll likely get a ton of downvotes until someone else proves you right
 
Ano
4:01 AM
Gosh, Meta would be a lot simpler if everyone refrained from applying subjective feelings and only applied objective thought in general here
 
yeah, that's not how groups of people work
 
Ano
@Shog9 You asked for an example a while ago, here's one:
-4
A: Duplicates on meta sites - sum the votes

AnoI support this. Take, for example, this feature request. By itself, it looks like a very old, outdated request from 2012 that may have since been implemented. As such, many people, including Stack Exchange employees, may overlook it. However, if you check the Linked section at the right, a secti...

 
> So, when we meet a duplicate on meta, it actually means that somebody else who didn't find the original post agrees and supports the same question and that whoever upvoted / downvoted the duplicated question, also agrees/disagrees with original post.
 
I try to aim for 1.
 
4:03 AM
@Ano yeah, I read that. It's boring, and demonstrably wrong
 
Or it means they forgot or that they still think it's a good idea...
 
Ano
@Shog9 How is it wrong?
 
@Ano its worth remembering that while meta is a tool pressganged into a use that QA was never meant to do, meta only features are never happening.
(almost never?)
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Um, the more lenient quality filter happened?
 
@Ano that's twiddling numbers.
 
4:04 AM
> The general attitude of the community, as evidenced by these two cases, is to always close the newer report or request as a duplicate of the older one.
 
@Ano Nothing prevents votes on two posts being from the same person?
 
2 cases is a terribly small sample size
plus, you don't need to extrapolate from two cases; you can actually query the data
 
I also suspect we're at the point where adjusting core site mechanics is not going to be an option sans a brilliant arguement.
 
dup-closure is one of those rare opportunities where public data contains info on even deleted questions
 
brb before I implode
 
Ano
4:05 AM
@Shog9 In one of those two cases, I mod-flagged requesting that the dupes be switched, and the flag was declined saying that "just because this one contains more info and screenshots doesn't mean the dupes should be switched".
 
@JourneymanGeek Even then... :/
 
intrapolates @SensibleAlexander
 
Rob
@Ano That's more of a community job
 
@Catija maybe!
 
so you didn't research thoroughly, made a statement that can be demonstrated incorrect by finding only two examples of closures that go the other direction, and... Weren't sufficiently entertaining to compensate for those
 
4:07 AM
@Rob It's easier if you can find a couple of gold badge people, though :P
 
If only there was a bunch of those sitting around in a chatroom...
 
Ano
Yeah, a few people have Chaos Emeralds here.
 
awww, yeaaaah!
5
 
(that said, I sometimes feel people are too quick to dupe close but...)
@Shog9 about damned time. ;p
 
Ano
@Shog9 Nice job defeating Eggman
 
4:08 AM
@Shog9 Finally.
 
Ano
@Shog9 Is that what this comment meant?
It may work in the examples you posted, but that isn't typical, I often vote differently on duplicates and the fact that something is closed as a duplicate is way off from meaning it deserves the same vote. Many many many "bad" question get closed as duplicates of "good" questions. — Cai Jan 18 at 12:22
 
no idea; you'd have to ask Cai
 
Ano
Fun fact: early in my previous incarnation, I made a few posts like that, and while they were closed as dupes, it actually resulted in the feature being implemented. I began taking advantage of that and posting intentional duplicates.
 
Only person with that gold tag badge. :D
 
not sure that's fun.
and it barely counts as a fact.
they could have been status deferred
 
4:13 AM
It's sort of sad that you can't track tag badge process...
 
Ano
I also mentioned that answer here:
2
A: How do I get attention for old, unfixed bug reports and feature requests without official responses here on Meta?

AnoThere are a few different things you can do, which depend on whether the original request is a bug report or a feature request, and whether it's your own question or someone else's. If it's someone else's question, one thing you should definitely do is upvote it. Vote scores on such questions in...

> Your question will definitely be closed as a duplicate of the older request, even though it's phrased better or contains more info. (I personally disagree with this practice, but right now, it exists.) There exists an unpopular feature request to consolidate votes for duplicates of bugs and feature requests, which I support, but is unlikely to get implemented.
 
@Shog9 would be better if it read "You've got " :)
 
Rob
@Catija What do you mean? You can
 
@Rob They aren't in the badge tracker picker?
 
Ano
@Catija It's on the left, you can choose to either track a tag badge or track a permission
 
4:16 AM
@Catija there's a small cog beside "next privilege" text
 
Ano
"gear" for you Americans
 
... "you"? Because we don't know what Cogs are?
@SensibleAlexander Gotcha.
 
Ano
@Catija Southern Californian heritage...
Just as we say "you guys" we say "you Americans"
 
Last I checked, California is part of the US.
 
Ano
4:18 AM
@Catija Never heard of regional dialect?
The American South is part of the US too.
 
... still not following.
 
Ano
A San Diegan would say "hey you guys" while a Texan would say "howdy y'all"
Plus we, like, litter the word "like" in, like, every sentence.
 
But you didn't say "Hey, you guys" ... you said "you Americans" as if you are not one. "y'all" still means "you all"... it's a completely different usage of speech.
 
Ano
Can we not talk about that right now?
 
If I were to say what you did, I'd say "'Gear' for us Americans"... Because I am an American.
 
Ano
4:22 AM
1 min ago, by Ano
Can we not talk about that right now?
 
... I'm really lost.
 
Why not? You keep bringing it up ;p
 
Rob
If you want to be really pedantic.. a cog isn't a gear. Cogs are the teeth ;)
 
@Rob this is SE. We're nothing if not pedantic.
 
4:26 AM
I'm guessing that in most cases, "cog" is short for "cogwheel" which is the same thing as a gear...
 
ah, what the future might have been...
 
@Shog9 apparently someone did a reboot as a comic. As with everything these days... its dark and gritty.
 
and on that note, my button-pushing finger needs a break, so off to supper
 
@Shog9 Enjoy!
 
4:29 AM
@Shog9 Stack Exchange clicker game? Anyway, bon appetit :)
 
Rob
@Catija Sure, hence the pedantic disclaimer :)
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Why did you reject this edit? meta.stackexchange.com/review/suggested-edits/56301
 
> This edit deviates from the original intent of the post. Even edits that must make drastic changes should strive to preserve the goals of the post's owner.
more critically - I'm a bit protective of the phrasing I use
 
Ano
4:49 AM
@JourneymanGeek Can you please explain exactly what was wrong, and what was right (if anything)?
 
@Ano more or less, you added things to my post I didn't intend. It wasn't an improvement. It is quite literally what it says on the tin.
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek I also rearranged the paragraphs so it's not so jumpy
 
eh. I take somewhat of an issue with that.
and I chose issue over question for a reason
 
as an editor, learn to copyedit, not to put words into people's mouth.
 
Ano
5:05 AM
@JourneymanGeek Can you at the very least fix the apostrophe?
 
maybe? which one?
 
Ano
5:29 AM
@JourneymanGeek "clearly mention how its different"
 
 
1 hour later…
6:44 AM
@Ano I just got the notification for that ping
 
Ano
@JennaSloan Really?
 
@Ano yup
I think the meta chat is drunk
 
@JennaSloan It is too :p
 
notifications are drunk
 
[ SmokeDetector | MS ] Bad NS for domain in body: Virtue theme Css require by Haroon.Ahmad on wordpress.SE
 
6:53 AM
drunk the notification
 
user315433
drunks are notified
 
user202362
today is the day during which nothing works
 
user202362
drone ... not working, PC update ... not working
 
user202362
pip on raspberry ... not working
 
oddly enough, my PC booted up first time today for the first time in a week
I have no clue what was wrong with it
 
user202362
7:03 AM
how to fail @ life
 
@TelautonomousKitty you have worked out your life to pass this day, you just succeed @ life
@JourneymanGeek need more SuperUserz aura
 
user202362
an app that has 0 download can be alive on a store, but fails at life
 
8:41 AM
[ SmokeDetector | MS ] Link at end of answer: How can I find out the token balance of some address? by Heriba on ethereum.SE
 
@Ano I agree with @Journeyman on this, it was "too much". It is one thing to improve/fix grammar or syntax, but to totally re-arrange an answer based on personal taste isn't good. Hard to draw the line, but that one was over that line. Personally, I don't think you should try changing the order of things, fixing the small things is usually just enough. :)
There are exceptions of course, e.g. faq answers, where it's more important to have them organized and with specific format.
But personal answers should be personal, leaving the author intention unchanged.
@TelautonomousKitty wrong. You posted here, so something must have worked. ;)
You visited @YvetteColomb again, @Tel? :)
 
Ano
@ShadowWizard That question already has two duplicates, so I thought it's a good idea to edit it. Take a look at it - it talks about identical questions, then different questions, then is suddenly about identical questions again. Much better to have them separated. I was tripped up by this, and the answer was initially hard for me to understand. I suspected others whose questions are closed as dupes of mine would face a similar issue.
 
@JennaSloan screenshot?
 
Ano
@ShadowWizard That ping might take a long time to reach too.
 
@Ano lol
 
Ano
9:24 AM
How do you feel, now that I'm actually called Ano?
 
@Ano no idea what you mean, sorry. My reply was about you changing Journeyman's answer, that's it. :)
@Ano Happy. That's your real identity. ;)
 
Ano
@ShadowWizard What don't you understand about it?
 
Like I'm just Shadow Wizard. :D
 
Ano
@ShadowWizard I'm still Sonic underneath, and you're still @Shadow
 
@Ano how is it related? What question? How is it relevant that it has duplicates? Your change to the answer was too radical, I didn't even read the question (when reading the edit suggestion), it's not relevant.
@Ano that's true
 
Ano
9:29 AM
@ShadowWizard I just moved one paragraph from the middle to the end, changed some phrases, and added a missing apostrophe to "it's". It may look like a more major edit than that, because the system makes the moved paragraph look like a big deletion and addition, but if you actually read the text that was removed and added, it's almost exactly the same.
 
user202362
@ShadowWizard not yet, but will in the next few days
 
@Ano well, I would have rejected such edit since I don't have 10 minutes to spare to look so carefully into this, just up to 1 minute to review. And the author of the answer clearly says it did change the meaning, and he knows best since it's his own answer. While SE focus is on good content, changing order of paragraphs and changing phrases is not improving quality that much.
@TelautonomousKitty good!
You got new boots?
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Did you reject simply because you thought it was more drastic than it actually was, because the system makes moving paragraphs look like big deletions and additions, or was there something else specific that was wrong with it?
 
@Tel you must also be happy that I have a kitty as my avatar now, right? :D
 
user202362
I was surprised :p
 
Ano
9:34 AM
@ShadowWizard Is it true that the best way to determine why an edit was rejected is to ping the rejecters in chat, like I edited as the Anonymous Editor?
 
@TelautonomousKitty yeah, first time I use such thing for avatar. ;)
@Ano he said it quite clearly....
5 hours ago, by Journeyman Geek
@Ano more or less, you added things to my post I didn't intend. It wasn't an improvement. It is quite literally what it says on the tin.
You added things he never said, that's enough to reject an edit.
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek What things? Can you please explain exactly?
@ShadowWizard You're always Shadow the Hedgehog in my book
 
@Ano only in the rare case when you're familiar with the one rejecting in chat and know for sure they're OK with such pinging.
If it's someone you don't know, better not do that.
 
^ basically, this means that he considers you a "faker", an "impostor" and a "recolor", @Shadow
 
?
@Ano interesting book! Can I get a copy? ;)
 
9:38 AM
@Ano it changed structure - which matters to me. It didn't need the TLDR and swapped around some of the phrasing I intentionally used
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Okay, what phrasing did you intentionally use? I found the answer hard to read at first:
 
@Ano erm, the ones you swapped around.
 
Ano
17 mins ago, by Ano
@ShadowWizard That question already has two duplicates, so I thought it's a good idea to edit it. Take a look at it - it talks about identical questions, then different questions, then is suddenly about identical questions again. Much better to have them separated. I was tripped up by this, and the answer was initially hard for me to understand. I suspected others whose questions are closed as dupes of mine would face a similar issue.
@JourneymanGeek So if I submit a version of the edit that does the same things, but leaves that paragraph in the same spot, you would approve it?
 
eh, I tend to look at those things at a case by case basis. But I'd rather people leave my phrasing alone in suggested edits. If you can do your own edits, and make it awesomer its cool.
 
Ano
9:43 AM
@JourneymanGeek I can't quite tell from your response if it's a yes or a no.
 
word added to dictionary: awesomer
 
Not everything is binary
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek I don't want to incur another rejected edit, so if you could tell me in advance if you'd reject such an edit, that would be nice. Or, if you won't do anything and just let the community handle it.
 
that's totally not how it works.
You're basically telling me "I need to know how you will respond to an edit"
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek I'm telling you exactly how the edit is like. Same as before, but with the paragraph ordering intact.
> I disagree with the reasons why my edit was rejected. What can I do?

> When rejecting an edit, reviewers commonly specify a canned reason from a list, so it may not be immediately clear why a certain reason pertains to your edit. The best way to obtain further clarification about why your edit was rejected is to ask the users who rejected it in the site's chat. Do not simply suggest the edit again, or it will likely be rejected again.

> If your edit was to address a legitimate policy concern (e.g. removing a signature, removing irrelevant tags, etc.), flag the post for moderator attenti
(obviously the last paragraph doesn't apply here)
@ShadowWizard Is that first paragraph correct?
@Derpy You dig up really old footage of me to prove your point? Really?
 
9:52 AM
@Ano @Derpy will do anything to prove their point.
@Ano yes, but like I said, better not just go and ping people you don't know at all.
 
10:17 AM
@Ano on the other hand, whether an edit is accepted is always the prerogative of the op.
and I'm feeling like you're trying to pressure me into saying "these are the exact situations where I'll accept an edit" - which is clearly not how it works. And I don't even look at who edited my posts.
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Yeah, that's why they implemented the ability for the OP to override edit reviews. Let me put it another way: if my edit described above were to be approved by the community, would you override it?
 
@Ano yes
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek No, I just want to know if my edit described here would be approved by you:
32 mins ago, by Ano
@JourneymanGeek I'm telling you exactly how the edit is like. Same as before, but with the paragraph ordering intact.
 
see I'm saying "I'm going to decide based on an edit's merits as I see it on the spot"
 
Ano
If, as you said, the reason for your rejecting that edit was because I changed the paragraph order, and I suggest the same edit but not do that, you'd approve it now that that reason doesn't exist.
 
10:20 AM
I've accepted massive edits with fairly major changes cause they've made my answers better. I've gone "ok" over trivial ones.
 
user310756
@ShadowWizard yep we're good friends offline now :D she's a wonderful person hardass (don't want to ruin your troll rep) @TelautonomousKitty :D
 
But if you're going to be making a big fuss over every time I reject an edit like this....
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek Quite frankly, I don't see how it's a big fuss. I just asked a few questions, and didn't get direct answers, so I directly asked for direct answers.
I meant exactly what I said when I asked those questions.
 
user310756
 
user310756
@TelautonomousKitty gonna miss this girl she was so cute today - it was so sad, when I left, she followed me up the gate and came through and followed me to the car! (I was parked outside the paddock) I gave her a cuddle and she made the sweetest noises. She's going to be so lonely :'(
 
10:42 AM
[ SmokeDetector | MS ] Blacklisted website in answer, blacklisted user: How to use PWA in Magento2 by Hải Tạ on magento.SE
 
10:56 AM
@YvetteColomb that's just a mini t-rex
 
11:37 AM
@iDebug what did you just test? Why not in sandbox?
We can edit deleted posts if that's what you tested.
huh? While this one didn't really post awesome things, what rules have they broken?
Or is this "wasting our time on purpose by trolling"?
 
@ShadowWizard yes
 
oh so it's all good
Has that "Apex" user trolled before? Using different name?
 
@ShadowWizard dunno, don't think so...
 
at least I couldn't recall it
 
11:47 AM
Probably better use "Low quality contributions" suspension reason then... oh well.
 
9 hours ago, by Journeyman Geek
@SensibleAlexander most recent answer was kinda ... koan-like
well, if it's true, then I guess it's considered trolling... koan-like
 
Ano
@ShadowWizard I believe the template mods use when sending the mod message that comes with the suspension also dictates the public suspension reason. Whoever suspended that guy probably thought the template attached to the "rule violations" public reason was a better fit, and so the public reason is shown as "rule violations".
@Shog9 Please confirm if the above is correct; I read it somewhere but I can't find it.
 
He doesn't know either but he will find out by experiment. You'll personally notice the outcome ...
@ShadowWizard you're involved here, kind of...
 
Ano
12:03 PM
@rene Ha!
 
user202362
@YvetteColomb how did your assessment go?
 
@rene yeah... I didn't lose any rep though.
OP got bounty rep back though.
 
no, that is strange, the refund shouldn't have happened though, me thinks
 
Why didn't you answer the the qustion?
@rene why not?
 
he spend it?
got two answers
what happens if he undeletes?
 
12:10 PM
@rene so? When downvoting answer you also "spend" 1 rep, which is refunded when the answer is deleted.
 
Then the 1000 rep is subtracted once more?
 
Bounty is the same, it's just a vote, with more rep.
@rene exactly.
Happened to me once on Movies.SE, made me look into it quite deeply.
 
Okay.
@ShadowWizard you might want to elaborate that in your answer. It is a bit terse to fully grasp it now
 
user202362
Hi Yeara,

Your Search Ads Basic results for January 2018:

MAYU Animated Text and Effects
 
user202362
apple sent someone else's email to me
 
12:12 PM
@Ano well that was animuson, I noticed the suspension because I saw he deleted one of the answers which was on my question.
@TelautonomousKitty more likely spammer sent it.
Check email source/headers.
Yeara is Israli name, lol
 
user202362
Subject:   	View your last month's results.
From:   	"Apple Search Ads" <noreply@apple.com>
 
So? Anyone can easily fake this.
 
user202362
Received: from nwk-txn-msbadger0702.apple.com (nwk-txn-msbadger0702.apple.com [17.151.1.81])
     (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
     (No client certificate requested)
     by telkitty.localdomain (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 0223514A05E1
     for <yizhang@telkitty.com.au>; Tue, 6 Feb 2018 04:48:31 -0600 (CST)
 
Ano
@rene Bounties are always refunded to the bountier if the question is deleted. What likely happened in that case is that the answers to which the bounties were awarded had a score of 3 or more, and were visible for at least 60 days, so any rep changes from those answers are kept.
 
12:15 PM
So maybe that יערה gave Apple false info @Tel
@Ano indeed
Want to post another answer, explaining this?
My answer will solve the direct question, yours will just elaborate.
 
@Ano I don't think it's automatic.
 
Ano
@JourneymanGeek No, it is.
 
user310756
@TelautonomousKitty I'm finished! Free! Yay!!
 
user310756
I'm going to lie down and binge watch some netflix :)
 
user202362
@YvetteColomb yay!
 
user202362
12:26 PM
can come & visit you Thursday afternoon/evening
 
Ano
0
A: How a user received 1000 reputation for a removed post?

gparyaniAs Shadow said, the 1,000 reputation added to that account was because a single question where they had awarded two +500 reputation bounties was deleted. Whenever any question that previously had a bounty gets deleted for any reason, the bounty reputation gets returned to the bounty owner(s). Thi...

 
00:00 - 13:0013:00 - 00:00

« first day (2743 days earlier)      last day (1268 days later) »