« first day (130 days earlier)      last day (1377 days later) » 

8:00 AM
I tweaked the way "tags in title" works a bit more
 
Oh?
 
it's also disabled for all meta sites, since having [bug], [support], [feature-request], [discussion] prefixed on a bunch of stuff was not terribly useful
 
Ah, that answers that question. :P
 
related discussions
5
Q: When should we remove pseudo-tags from a title?

NullUserExceptionVery often you see different forms of "pseudo-tagging" in titles. For example: c# - how to sniff packets in an app without relying on WinPCap? JS / Jquery: Unable to access the properties of an object returned from an ajax call C++: Using enum as template type argument ... Some times these can ...

17
Q: HOWTO: Writing Good Titles

Mark HarrisonA good title helps your question get the attention it deserves. What goes into a good title?

> To be clear, I think it is fine to duplicate the tags in the title, but only when they can be worked into the titles organically and conversationally.
-- Jeff Atwood, July 29, 2009
therefore, the "tag in title" code tries very hard to see if you already used the tags in the title organically, before it goes slapping them in there
 
Will be interesting to look at things and see what kind of results it brings in.
 
8:04 AM
it's tricky because we are asking users to do the same thing twice. 1) "tell us what your question is about (in the title)" 2) "tell us what your question is about (in the tags)"
this way we ensure the best of both worlds. either you already organically have the MOST IMPORTANT (as judged by tags) words in the title.. or we add them for you. Since we kinda have to, because "how do I format a string?" is a LOT less useful than "c# - how do I format a string?"
but yes in a perfect world people would write perfect titles like "how do I format a string in C#?" or Google would understand rel=tag or some other blessed tag microformat
 
Don't be ridiculous. You can't have it easy.
 
it made sense; half the example Google query terms people sent me had "ruby on rails" in them, and almost none of our ruby questions have that in the title.
or substitute "iphone" or "objective-c" same difference
I'm REALLY glad we don't have to do this in the <h1> because that would totally suck
 
Oh, this is nice. Heard of the Wakemate? A wristband that tracks your sleep patterns to a webapp and communicates with your smartphone to sound your alarm clock at the optimal time.
It costs $50... but only $15 from appsumo for the next 2 days appsumo.com
 
@JeffAtwood Oof yeah. Annoying enough with the browser tab showing the tag now. (;
 
Would be nice if some JavaScript could fix the titles for browsers while leaving the tags for search crawlers
 
8:10 AM
@DanGrossman there was a gadgets.se question on something like that but I can't remember the name, and that question wasn't pulled forward anywhere.
ahh fitbit? fitbit.com
 
similar
 
@JeffAtwood Yeah, that really would be horrible. I don't actually read my tabs that much anyway, so it hasn't been a big issue for me so far, heh. But any changes that make it as low-impact as possible from the user perspective while cranking up the Google juice are welcome in my book. :)
 
@tim it also highlights problem tagging IMO. If adding the 1st or 2nd tag to the title ruins the question, your tagging scheme is broken
they have that problem on ubuntu because they tag things [10.10] and other idiocy
 
Huh. I did not know that things like Wakemate or Fitbit exist. I think seeing some sort of report about my sleep patterns would do nothing more than scare me.
 
pings @MichaelMrozek so he can appreciate that comment
 
8:13 AM
ideally, the 1st and 2nd tags should work organically in the title, and if they don't.. there is something wrong
 
The money site was mentioning things like the most popular tag on a question is a country identifier, which isn't entirely useful for google juice.
 
that can be useful sometimes, though
 
IMO that's good because it indicates the tagging system needs work
 
I have to add country a lot when searching for tax related questions
 
fex, I had to rename [c#3.0] to [c#-3.0] on Stack Overflow and a few other changes like that
 
8:15 AM
@JeffAtwood I've always wondered if some people feel a desperate need to include all five available tags. I've seen questions where there are language tags that make zero sense in the context of the question, heh.
 
Wow. It took me far too long to figure out what fex meant. |:
 
"My CSS isn't working, but because I use PHP for my backend I'll throw that in there too."
 
oh yeah we used to allow as many tags as would fit in a field.. we quickly learned that was a very bad idea
scarcity is important, otherwise things get weird
 
@RebeccaChernoff Heheh :P
 
@TimStone Yeah, that's common. Especially on the PHP tag. They'll tag every question PHP even when it has nothing to do with their server-side code.
 
8:16 AM
I also just deleted the [problem] tag from Server Fault
so, to the extent that "forcing 1st tag in title" is bad, it's because there is a deeper problem with tags. Of course you always have the occasional clueless user but that's a constant
 
@JeffAtwood Mind looking at the [tips-and-tricks] tag? There's 320 questions tagged with that and it's slightly annoying
 
I dunno, why don't you ask your bot to look at it??? (:
 
Hahahah
 
@JeffAtwood Not my bot, so erm...
 
So I randomly decided to listen to the first SO podcast. Audio sounds like there are aliens having a conversation at the same time.
2
 
8:19 AM
yeah the 1st podcast was not very good.. it gets better, both audio quality and etc
 
Also, this question is erm... a little weird
4
Q: doing something in an unusual but efficient way

mehmet6parmakI watched a video today and the guy in the video just write this to understand whether a number is even or not: number/2*2 == number ? true : false ; i tried it when i got home and compared with number % 2 == 0 ? true : false ; The second one was faster then i changed the first one as: n...

 
I would just pick a random one in the middle with a topic that interests you from the show notes
no need to go in chrono order
 
@YiJiang People who refuse to use use boolean expressions correctly should be kicked in the shins.
 
you guys have got to stop starring all "Oy" messages
3
 
@JeffAtwood Yeah I've listened to the last couple. Figured I'd swing around to the other end and hit the first one. And then who knows from there.
 
8:21 AM
Although if you want to experience the awesomeness that is context-free grammar generation using input from the SO data dump, try this app instead
 
@JeffAtwood Amen.
 
26
Q: Flack Overstow - Generate spam from Trilogy posts

Mark RushakoffScreenshot / Code Snippet $ python flack.py 126042 Before 'if' statement... Past 'if' statement. Floating point exception on my system. So, you should check whether e is a very popular way to access Word and Excel documents. There's a line inside an expression like that; the simplest wor...

 
I still wish there was a way to make people realize that [.htaccess] != [mod_rewrite] sighs
 
yeah I upvoted that a while ago, I see @balpha is a fan
 
@TimStone You're asking too much with that.
I add the tag on those questions when I answer them
 
8:24 AM
there was a hilarious IRC bot that I read transcripts of a while ago.. trying to find it
 
I know, but I can dream!
 
I can't really follow the alien conversation, but I think they're fighting now. ):
 
The chat.SO bot says interesting things sometimes
in JavaScript on Stack Overflow Chat, 20 hours ago, by Coding Kitten
@DanGrossman Everytime you say Java, I kill a user like that, I have a problem
 
http://kookybot.org/

That's my IRC bot which uses a Markovian style algorithm. It sits in hundreds of IRC channels learning everything it hears, then generates replies based on that. Some of the best quotes are randomised on the front page (refresh to see more). You can find more at:

http://quotes.kookybot.org/top

Everything there is generated from its knowledge - it is not simply repeating back sentences it has heard. The database is 4.6 GB, almost 70 million rows.
 
^ That's what they're saying
 
8:25 AM
sadly kookybot is not around, but it was HILARIOUS. Kind of off color though, fair warning.
 
@YiJiang Hahah, of course!
 
@YiJiang The aliens I'm hearing sound angrier than those aliens look.
 
@RebeccaChernoff Don't let appearances deceive you.
 
@JeffAtwood Originally I wasn't on board with your disdain for those [identify-this-game] questions on Gaming, thinking that the problem was relatively minor in comparison to some other issues...but they just keep coming...and they just keep getting worse. I've been successfully swayed. :P
 
8:28 AM
warning: off color. But omg hilarious.
 
5 of them on the front page, three below 0...meh.
 
I can't even function I am laughing so hard
kookybot slays me
 
Hahah
 
<Kooky> google is skynet
it knows... it knows
 
8:32 AM
@RebeccaChernoff you might see why I have a problem with IRC based on Kooky's Markovian output of all of IRC. It's funny, but..
 
@RebeccaChernoff Why does SU think that WA is its dumping ground? This is off-topic, isn't it?
 
@JeffAtwood And there are a lot of channels that have perfectly normal conversations. (:
 
@TimStone SO thinks SU is a dumping ground, SU thinks WA is a dumping ground...
 
Yeah, but who cares about SU? ;)
But yeah, shuffling around cruft doesn't help anyone.
 
Why is that off topic for WA?
 
8:33 AM
Though in this case there's nothing wrong with the question..
 
I need to register so I can answer that one, in fact
 
Isn't WA about using web apps? That sounds like a WordPress configuration issue, which there'd be a better site for.
 
@TimStone Wordpress.SE, duh. They need more questions - people aren't going there to ask WP questions for some reason
 
yeah wordpress.se
 
8:34 AM
no wait, I change my vote to "let's migrate it to rpg.se"
 
@JeffAtwood to the WOM!!
 
heh
 
@RebeccaChernoff Problem solved!
 
Could you add that migration path so that I can obey the WOM?
 
where is the wheel of migration
 
WOM
(waits..)
 
I think I should make the Wheel shrink to fit the final result to make screenshoting easier
 
@YiJiang Heh, poor WP.SE
broke the WOM
 
@TimStone Yeah, that's usually because one or more of the logos didn't load
 
@TimStone at least you admitted it. Otherwise we'd have to switch to the WOB.
 
8:38 AM
Reloading usually does the trick
 
@RebeccaChernoff I figured I'd take the fall for once.
Yep, seems OK now.
 
@TimStone How noble.
 
If that's what you'd like to call it, I can go with that. :P
 
In unrelated news, I went to figure out how to take care of the pull request and realized that I need to figure out what the equivalent hg commands are to mimic what their git instructions are, heh.
 
8:41 AM
Heh. Let me know if you just want me to do it.
Oh, also, auto selecting the first post in the keyboard shortcut userscript is totally not a good idea when you're being linked directly to an answer.
 
Nah, I'm sure I can figure it out, don't worry about it. I'll let you know if I really can't get it, though.
Why's that?
 
Because being linked to an answer scrolls you to that. But the userscript wants to scroll you to the top.
 
Ahh, right.
 
@RebeccaChernoff I assume the userscript wins in that case. It shouldn't be hard, just look out for the appropriate window.location.hash value
 
I guess that's where the position-aware selection would be nice. Although you could more simply examine the URL and make a decision not to select the question based on that, since it's a bit easier.
 
8:44 AM
:checks renewing SSL certificate off the todo list:
 
Yes, looking at the hash value is doable. But also if you're just viewing a question, and you've scrolled down, then hit f5 to see if there's a new answer posted. The browser will generally reload and keep your scroll position. Again though, userscript wins and scrolls to the top.
 
I'll be reducing the height of the logo from 60px to 48px. The logo will be smaller, but SF's logo will look a little better because it won't be upscaled
@RebeccaChernoff Hard. Maybe use a cookie or something to save the scrollTop?
 
I need @Marc's brain-suck 5000 psychic neural interface to auto select the post based on what the user is actually looking at.
 
ServerFault's maintenance page is missing all its pictures
 
@RebeccaChernoff Not a bad idea... but I'm not sure if I'd want to continue commenting on your use of oy! if your code will have direct connection to my brain
 
8:47 AM
@dan ok will fix
 
@RebeccaChernoff Well, you know which posts are in view, which makes that fairly easy if there's only one post...more than one becomes a pick and choose game.
 
@DanGrossman Just have it load the sketchy theme like the SE2.0 sites. q: meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/70790/…
 
Sketchy!
 
@YiJiang if you host the userscripts on git you can make them one click installs, see
3
A: Allow newline in comments

Jeff AtwoodComments are for short clarifications to the question or answer. At the point where you "need" paragraphs, you should probably be composing an alternative, competing answer or asking a different question. Newlines are not rendered, nor ever intended to be rendered, in comments. If you find your...

> Save the above to disk as "enter-comments.user.js" -- or simply CLICK THIS LINK which is a direct download of the above file and skip to step #3.
 
8:49 AM
@JeffAtwood (scratch head) Why are you telling me this?
 
Unfortunately all of the browsers which have userscript support tend to epic fail in this area, heh.
They all only look at the extension, for some reason..annoying on GitHub where the non-raw version of the file also has the same name.
 
As long as you link to the raw version, not an html page that has a .user.js extension as we've learned with Github.
 
;)
 
@YiJiang I am telling you this because of
4
A: Remove the most popular tag from the title using JavaScript

Yi JiangWhile SOIS might not want to do it, we, as the user, can. And the script is absolutely ridiculously simple - so simple that I'm surprised nobody has posted it yet. Ah well, free Meta rep here I come: // ==UserScript== // @name StackExchange Title Tag Remover // @namespace yijiang /...

 
@RebeccaChernoff Yeah, I hate this. At least on Firefox you have the option of disabling GM, but I think it was Nick who filed a bug report complaining that there's no way to get around it on Chrome
 
8:51 AM
I actually tried to modify GM so that it would behave better, but it seems that it's a limitation of the information Firefox provides at the time that GM hooks into the request.
 
@YiJiang Yeah. ): Also, feel free to add that to the StackExchangeScripts repo if you want.
 
@JeffAtwood Shouldn't the "correct" place to host userscripts be userscript.org?
 
I think it'd be awesome to have a single extension that you can use an options page to enable the scripts you want to run...but having to deal with Chrome and Firefox extensions rather than just a single userscript is meh.
 
I actually tried writing a GM script for Google Reader, but it seems like GReader has some sort of weird anti-DOM-manupilation checks in place to prevent other scripts from messing around with the DOM
 
@RebeccaChernoff Yeah, that is rather meh. We could make the current userscripts configurable, but I'm not sure if there'd be enough benefit.
 
8:53 AM
script wars?
 
my point is, it's uber-convenient to have a CLICK HERE TO INSTALL THIS SCRIPT
do with that advice what you will
and, as always, listen to your heart @YiJiang
 
@TimStone How would you even do configuration with just a userscript?
 
@RebeccaChernoff We already use localStorage for other stuff, so. shrugs
 
> Hey, so if you want to enable this option, open up the file explorer, find your extension dir, open up script.js.......
 
@DanGrossman Hehe, but I don't really want to break GReader just to make a minor enhancement to it's interface
 
8:55 AM
@RebeccaChernoff That'd be an absurd suggestion even for me ;)
 
Which was pretty much my point. (:
 
@TimStone Appreciated :)
 
Heheh :)
@RebeccaChernoff Right, which is why you'd store configuration information in localStorage and then it'd be Good Enoughâ„¢. ;)
 
Plus with the full extension you get auto-updating. And as often as we're modifying these userscripts, that'd be a great thing.
 
8:58 AM
@RebeccaChernoff You can always get the script to do it, although for XSS ajax you'd need something like james.padolsey.com/javascript/cross-domain-requests-with-jquery
Or maybe you'll want to open a room solely to add messages concerning updates to the script, then have it scrape the transcript
 
Yeah, it's doable...I would agree though that the native extension method is much more reliable in that regard though.
 
Hmmm... not a bad idea, even if I say so myself
 
And surely you do. ;)
 
@TimStone :P
 
Not sure about Firefox, but when I was testing with Chrome, if I installed the same script again, it seemed to install a second copy rather than uninstall the original copy and install the updated version.
 
9:00 AM
@YiJiang I just got septuple-pinged on that one for some reason.
 
@RebeccaChernoff GM should update the script when you try to reinstall, but I've seen two copies once before. It's not very reliable as well
 
It varies, and I haven't figured out how. Usually it updates the existing script, but then sometimes I'll discover the same script installed multiple times
 
@RebeccaChernoff It's not supposed do if the script originates from the same source, but I don't know how reliable it is.
 
That's why I wasn't too fond of /update being added. It is misleading.
 
Apparently meta data is included in the script file for no useful reason. :P
 
9:03 AM
Sigh... I really shouldn't have followed your advice @RebeccaChernoff on uploading that script to the repo
 
How so?
 
Now I'm trying to download more than 130mb of mysysgit binaries at a rate of > 50kb/s, and it's frustrating as hell
 
6% now Jesus Christ... /facepalm
 
I'm sure no one will demand your blood if you don't do it right this second, hahah.
 
9:05 AM
@TimStone Speak for yourself.
 
@RebeccaChernoff I knew those claims of being nice were all a lie!
 
I always demand blood. But nobody listens
 
@RebeccaChernoff You won't come around and sabotage my plumbing if I delay the uploading by an hour, right?
 
@YiJiang Maybe she'll come wash rice.
 
9:06 AM
30kb/s now. Make that 2 hours
 
@MichaelMrozek I'm sorry, what was that? I didn't hear you.
 
On a totally unrelated note...behold!
scoffs at WA and their puny 6k rep user
 
I was going to scoff at AU, but they have a 12k rep user, so I moved on to my next punching bag
 
@MichaelMrozek, I've been too busy hanging out with the fun AU crowd to earn rep on WA. (;
 
9:09 AM
Oh snap, it looks like the gloves are coming off.
 
Would've surprise me -- @RebeccaChernoff seems like an Ubuntu user
(offense intended)
 
Right, that's it. I'll be migrating both of you to random SE sites using the WOM
 
Hahahaha
 
@MichaelMrozek, you're going to Artificial Intelligence. @RebeccaChernoff, you're going to Apple
 
Ouch, @RebeccaChernoff definitely got the short end of that stick.
 
9:12 AM
Seriously. ):
 
Though bonus points to the wheel for picking two sites that started with the same letter.
 
Can I use a free spin?
 
The WOM is an equal opportunity migrator. No second chance for you @RebeccaChernoff!
 
I've actually never been to AI
Oh, it's still in private beta
status-migration-impossible
 
That's no excuse @MichaelMrozek.
@YiJiang Could've been worse. Could've been Unix.
 
9:15 AM
The first word of the title of the newest AI post is "Best". Excellent sign
 
Nice.
What's the 2nd word? (:
 
> Best open source multi agent simulation infrastructure
I love that one of the privileges an Android app can request is named BRICK
 
For multi agent robotics simulations, playerstage.sourceforge.net
I simulated a bunch of Roombas conspiring with each other over infrared using it
They did not evolve Skynet-level intelligence as hoped, but they did vacuum an office building in record time.
 
How very devious of them
I want a Roomba slave of my own
 
9:20 AM
@DanGrossman Sounds like fun :P
 
I want a Roomba/Rovio combo.
Roomvio!
3
 
Cross it with the scary helicopter thing they had to create maximum fear
 
scary helicopter thing?
What is this thingadongdong you speak of?
 
@RebeccaChernoff Quadrocopter I think
 
9:22 AM
I don't know what it was, but there was a picture of them testing it
 
Someone connected a quadrotor copter to a Kinect last week.
Not only is it watching you, but it's doing so in 3D
I've been sitting here far too long, I need to go for a walk or something
Argh, of course it's raining
 
Yeah, it started when I went out to Walmart earlier, heh.
And it appears to be moving in a northerly direction.
 
9:44 AM
walked around the block despite the rain, better
 
"Building and Installing git" Oh yes!
(looks around) Hmm... nobody's around anymore
 
I'm here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
I'm actually 6 different people who take turns running my personality on dozens of websites
3
:shifty eyes:
 
Jon Skeet is probably here under some alt account so he doesn't get constantly bothered
eyes @RebeccaChernoff
 
@MichaelMrozek Don't think Jon Skeet is the sort of person who would say oy! all the time
He also smiles the right way around
 
10:18 AM
Sad. Someone else in my little city got one of those free ChromeOS laptops, but not me :(
 
@DanGrossman Someone I work with got one; I was quite surprised
 
10:45 AM
Update your bookmarks everybody
 
@Yi I wish you could help out data.stackexchange.com with some of your js awesomeness :)
 
@waffles Uh... why? Also, why not just ask @balpha?
Actually, I have a question for you
Is the logo background color going to be included in the api?
 
@Yi, I hand coded them not sure if they will be in the API
re: why ? cause its open source and awesome :)
 
11:52 AM
@TimStone - Latent hellos
 
 
2 hours later…
1:30 PM
user image
2
 
1:57 PM
@DanGrossman At least you had a chance.
in The Bridge on The Stack Exchange Network Chat, 14 mins ago, by badp
Uninteresting tidbit of time-specific information: the number of SO users who got a Convention badge is: 404.
 
 
1 hour later…
3:15 PM
@RebeccaChernoff Can you erm... reduce the amount of labels used there so that the title is actually visible!?
Because I think the title is more important than the label, no?
 
@YiJiang What counts is that she can /blame you
If she doesn't know what to /blame you for, all the better!
(that said, the solution isn't using less labels, the solution is shortening them.)
status-planned → planned
@ZhangYiJiang → @YiJiang
kill the "SE" prefixes
what do I know, get creative or something :P
 
3:32 PM
@YiJiang I was thinking that we might need a userscript for Github, because that's totally a design fail on their part. :P
The full text is still there...it's just not visible. :/
 
@DanGrossman where? I have $120 to spend to get Gaming a domain name :P
(not really but we can surely cough 'em up all together)
 
0
Q: Why am I still seeing the "about" link on Web Apps and Gaming?

ChrisFThis has been bugging me for some time. I've got > 2,000 rep on Gaming and Web Apps yet I'm still seeing the "about" link in the header. I've just got 2,000 on UI and the link has disappeared from there, which is consistent with every other site I've got over 2K rep on - and expected behaviour (...

I've been asked to find the reference that shows the "about" link should disappear when you hit 2K rep. Anyone know where it's stated? I can't find anything.
 
@ChrisF I have 5k on meta and an About link
 
@ChrisF I don't think the 'about' link ever disappears
 
oh I see what the problem is
 
3:37 PM
@radp, the commentator also has the tools with > 2K on SO and MSO so it looks like there is a problem, but it's different for everyone
@YiJiang - the "about" link just disappeared for me on UI when I went from 1997 to 2007 which prompted the question. And all other sites where I have > 2K I don't have the link
 
@ChrisF Answered.
 
G'morning.
 
@radp Commented
 
'Ello @RebeccaChernoff
 
@ChrisF Is that a request for clarification or a precisation?
I agree it's weird to have mods with less than 10k both a "tools" and an "about" link.
It's probably a bug.
 
3:41 PM
@radp Yeah, that seems likely.
 
Unless mods can edit the "about" page, then it'd make kind of sense.
 
@radp - pointing out that it's not as simple as "tools" replacing "about" as I've got both on Web Apps
 
The about link code probably just doesn't' check the mod status, just looks at rep only?
 
@ChrisF Moderators are, for all purposes, corner cases :P
 
True.
 
3:44 PM
@RebeccaChernoff Yep, my theory.
 
brb - afk
 
Hmm. odata's down?
> It's not just you! odata.stackexchange.com looks down from here.
 
It's up.
It just got me a 404 error however.
 
Oh. Odd.
 
3:49 PM
Updating my @include list.
 
yawns
 
allo @TimStone
 
4:05 PM
tries to take care of the pull request Fingers crossed ;)
 
hides in a bunker for safety
Yeah...auto-selecting the first post is a very, very bad idea. I need to mind-read.
 
4:17 PM
@RebeccaChernoff OK, it's done. Let me know if anything looks horribly broken. :P
 
Looks good. \o/
 
Whew!
 
 
I'm going to have to remember to pull from the repo to my local copy. I admit it's been nice just having code going one way and only doing pulls with pull requests. (;
 
Heheh ;)
 
4:24 PM
 
 
3 hours later…
7:43 PM
Am I the only one who finds this first sentence funny?
2
A: Nonlinear optics as gauge theory

RaskolnikovNonlinear is a buzzword used to cover anything that is not linear. Depending on what kind of nonlinearity is involved, and thus what kind of material, there could be one symmetry or another, or there could be no symmetry at all. For instance, in superconductors, gauge symmetry is broken and photo...

 
oy
 
q:
Anybody know if there's been a change to the timeline view? It seems much less useful now.
 
@balpha I am also amused :P
 
Thanks @TimStone. In your reverse face, @RebeccaChernoff!
 
7:48 PM
Hrmph.
 
@balpha Am I the only one who wants to flag that "Hey @Robert" greeting and that "Cheers," signature out of the site?
Human relationships: UNSUPPORTED.
2
 
Hahah, ruthless. :P
 
Meta and SO have a different timeline format than WA. Comments aren't first class citizens in the former. I am hereby not crazy.
 
@radp One could call it bogus familiarity.
Thanks for going back to your normal username, @Pekka :)
 
I made my green SE bar script apply to *.stackexchange.com, which has been having unintended effects on launched sites that don't have beta designs. I just went to math for the first time in a while; I'm a pretty big fan of this look:
 
7:55 PM
Hahah, very nice.
 
Does anyone ever look at the timeline view? (;
 
@RebeccaChernoff No, because it's confusing as hell.
 
@RebeccaChernoff I used to to figure out who answered first, until I discovered you can hover over estimated times to get the exact date
 
@RebeccaChernoff Err...not seeing what you're talking about on WA either.
status-norepro
Though this bothers me. Sometimes the comments have usernames next to them, other times not.
 
meta.webapps.stackexchange.com/posts/624/timeline or meta.math.stackexchange.com/posts/1289/timeline, comments are listed separately so that you get a timeline of comments on different answers in the whole
 
7:58 PM
And I haven't figured out what seems to be the cause of that.
 
Now compare that to this one meta.stackoverflow.com/posts/72050/timeline where they're just listed under their answer.
 
Apparently...only on the meta?
scratches head
 
In the NTI vs WA debate, I lived in the timeline view as there were so many comments on multiple answers.
 
Was the rent affordable?
 
Yes. >_<
 

« first day (130 days earlier)      last day (1377 days later) »